Healthy school lunches will never go out of style, but parents and kids may disagree on what makes for the “best” school lunch.
Crestline surveyed families across the country to find out what each state is packing in its lunches.
- Parents in North Carolina, Maryland, and New York are the most likely to pack their child’s lunch.
- Parents who are divorced or separated are least likely to pack their child's lunch.
- Fresh fruit, chips, and sandwiches with deli meat are the most common items in kids’ lunches.
- Pizza, fresh fruit, cookies, brownies, and candy are the most kid-approved lunch items.
- 68.6% of parents say they typically spend less than $5 on their child's lunch.
You can read the full report here.