Discovery Education—the Charlotte, North Carolina-based worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place—today announced several significant appointments to its senior leadership team. These additions to Discovery Education’s management support the company’s mission to prepare all learners for tomorrow by creating innovative classrooms connected to today’s world.
New members of Discovery Education’s senior leadership team include:
- Kari Sherrodd, who joins Discovery Education as the Senior Vice President of Marketing. In this capacity, she leads the company’s brand, campaigns, communications, creative, digital, events, field, and social impact marketing teams to effectively communicate Discovery Education’s products, partnerships, and resources to educators worldwide. Sherrodd has over 20 years of experience in marketing and communications leadership roles with some of the biggest brands in edtech, including PowerSchool, LEGO Education, Microsoft, and Dell. Sherrodd remains an active member of Chief, a private venture-backed U.S. technology startup working to increase women’s leadership.
- Jill Hedrick, Discovery Education’s new Chief Revenue Officer. Hedrick oversees a multi-departmental group focused on expanding the company’s impact on K-12 learning across the United States. An accomplished technology executive, Hedrick brings 30 years of deep experience in high growth edtech organizations to Discovery Education. Prior to her latest role, Hedrick led revenue and customer-facing teams at NWEA, Turnitin, Schoology, and Edmentum. Hedrick began her career in software and technology, leading the development of global expansion initiatives until she pivoted to education technology in 2010.
- Chris Branch, Discovery Education’s new Vice President of Merger Integration. In this capacity, Branch supports the company’s merger and acquisition planning and execution efforts. Before joining Discovery Education, Branch spent the last decade at EY-Parthenon focused on helping large and middle-market companies successfully conduct integrations, divestitures, and other complex transactions. Prior to management consulting, Branch held several business development roles across the globe after serving in the U.S. Navy.
- Lance Rougeux, Senior Vice President of Curriculum, Instruction, and Student Engagement. In this new role, Rougeux oversees the curriculum and engagement teams creating powerful, engaging resources used in classrooms worldwide. Following a rich 15-year career at Discovery Education focused on innovation and learning success, Rougeux joined the company's Product Team in 2019 and led the creation of ready-to-use lessons and activities. Before joining Discovery Education, Rougeux was a Policy Specialist at the Pennsylvania Department of Education and a public school teacher in Pennsylvania.
- Lindsay Powers, Discovery Education’s Chief People Officer. A trusted Human Resources leader with a record of building highly collaborative partnerships in the organizations where she has served, Powers oversees Discovery Education’s global Human Resources functions including talent management, recruiting, D&I, organizational development, and culture building. As Chief People Officer, Powers also serves as a strategic thought partner helping set the direction of the business as a member of the company’s Executive Leadership Team.
“As these new leaders join Discovery Education’s already formidable leadership team, our ability to scale our impact on teaching and learning worldwide grows even further,” said Scott Kinney, Chief Executive Officer at Discovery Education. “I look forward to working very closely with this incredibly talented group of people.”
For more information about Discovery Education’s award-winning digital resources and professional learning services, visit www.discoveryeducation.com and stay connected with Discovery Education on social media through Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Discovery Education
Discovery Education is the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place. Through its award-winning multimedia content, instructional supports, and innovative classroom tools, Discovery Education helps educators deliver equitable learning experiences engaging all students and supporting higher academic achievement on a global scale. Discovery Education serves approximately 4.5 million educators and 45 million students worldwide, and its resources are accessed in over 100 countries and territories. Inspired by the global media company Discovery, Inc., Discovery Education partners with districts, states, and trusted organizations to empower teachers with leading edtech solutions that support the success of all learners. Explore the future of education at www.discoveryeducation.com.